Integrating Destruction Simulations With Live Action Footage

Learning Agreement

Attached below is a copy of my learning agreement for this project, the brief outline is as follows. I will be creating a series of destruction shots in Houdini looking at different materials and how they break, and different techniques on how to do the breaking. Then, when I have decided on the one that works best for me, I will shoot a small selection of live action footage and, using Nuke, perform a supervised matchmove. I will then export this tracking data into Houdini and set up my destruction scene before rendering it out and compositing it again in Nuke.

This project will require me to improve my abilities in Houdini by learning more about RDBs and how to break them into different pieces. As well as this, I will have to learn a new piece of software – Nuke – which I have not touched before, however I am familiar with how to perform a supervised matchmove in other programs so hopefully some of the skills will transfer. For both of these processes I will use the online learning platform Pluralsight which I have used in the past to great effect.

14565893LearningAgreement-1il4ste

Previous Post